Tips for Baby / Newborn Photos
- Use a wash cloth to clean away flaky skin and eye boogers.
- Trim those tiny fingernails and toenails with appropriate baby trimmers.
- Book your shoot around your baby’s feeding and nap times, work with the natural rhythm of your baby. The perfect time to shoot is right when the baby would be laying down for a nap. If your baby normally falls asleep after a feeding, wait to feed the baby until you’re at the shoot.
- Cloth diapers are stylish and can look great in photos. However, if you use disposable diapers, consider having a decorative diaper covers (bloomers).
- Consider having sentimental items like the quilt that Grandma made for the baby, a baby blanket from your own childhood – they’re great for baby to lay on.
- If your baby takes a pacifier, bring it – if they’re bottle fed, bring an extra bottle to help put the baby to sleep.
If you have any photo requests (not more than 3-4), feel free to let us know at the beginning of your session. Sometimes it can be helpful to show us a sample from your phone.